Mfon Ekpo is the CEO of The Discovery (Training and Development) Centre, a founding partner and an Executive Director with the John Maxwell Team.
A certified Human behaviour consultant, She has served as a member of the President’s Advisory Council and is a two-time recipient of the ‘Golden Quill’ award by the National Academy of Bestselling Authors in Hollywood for co-authoring two bestselling books with renowned leading experts such as Brian Tracy and Robert Allen amongst others.
An astute professional with multiple degrees in Maritime Law, Business law, Journalism, Neuro-linguistic programming, Project management and Negotiation, Mfon is an international speaker and a coach to top business CEO’s, industry and thought leaders.
Mfon is a Mandela Washington Fellow in the pioneer set of President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative and served as the Chairperson of the Advocacy Committee on the Regional Advisory Board for West Africa.
She was appointed an Honorary Citizen and a Goodwill Ambassador for the State of Arkansas in the United States of America in 2014. In 2017, she was named one of the most influential women in Nigeria by Leading Ladies Africa. She was also shortlisted by the British Council Awards for Social Impact in Nigeria in recognition of the tangible socio-economic impact of her training and coaching programmes and the globally acclaimed intensive seminar “The Blueprint of How” , helping people across Africa, Europe and The United States of America translate their ideas into viable and sustainable impact-driven initiatives and businesses.
She is a board member at WENTORS an organization that is dedicated to covering the disparity of women having a foothold in the tech ecosystem across the world through mentorship aimed at raising a generation of vast, well-rounded, innovative and exceptional young ladies who make an impact, institute positive changes, possess cutting-edge skills in their fields and equally desire to, someday, wentor the coming generation of world changers.
She is an advisor to leaders around the world and a Mentor on the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP)
- Appointed an Executive Director of The John Maxwell Team, May 2017.
- Shortlisted by the British Council Award for Social Impact in Nigeria, March 2017.
- Named one of Nigeria’s 100 most Influential and Inspiring women by Leading Ladies Africa, 2017/2018 .
- Recognized in April 2016 by the Harambe Entrepreneurial Alliance. A network of highly educated young Africans spearheading high impact, social and business ventures across Africa.
- Selected as a mentor for the Tony Elumelu Foundation for African Entrepreneurs (TEEP).
- Recognized by President Obama of The United States of America under the Young African Leadership Initiative (Mandela Washington Fellowship) for efforts in capacity building, youth empowerment and community development in Nigeria (2014).
- Commissioned Goodwill Ambassador and Honorary citizen to the State of Arkansas, USA (2014).
- Served on the Regional Advisory Board of the Young African Leadership Initiative.
- Served as Chairperson on the Advocacy Committee on the advisory board of the Mandela Washington Fellowship. 2014 – 2015.
- Recognized by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at Nigeria’s Best 100 (Young Leaders) to commemorate the 100th year of Nigeria, 2013.
- Served as the youngest member on the President’s Advisory Council (JMT) 2013 – 2016.
- Awarded the Golden Quill by the National Association of Best Selling Authors in Hollywood for international bestselling books co-authored with renowned business and development experts Brian Tracy and Robert Allen ‘Pushing to the Front’ and ‘The Only Business Book You Will Ever Need’. (2012/2013)
- Jointly trained 100,000 Costa Ricans, 75,00 Paraguayans (2016), 25,000 Guatemalan Military officers and school administrators (2013) in Transformational Leadership with international expert John Maxwell, at the invitation of their Governments.
- Pioneered the consecutive training of Legal Personnel in the Supreme Court of Nigeria in Alternative Dispute Resolution. (2012)
- Facilitated Youth Leaders and Stakeholders Strategy meeting organized by the President of Federal republic of Nigeria in 2011. Resolutions of which helped form the youth agenda for the Federal Government.
- Facilitated the Nigerian Symposium for Young and Emerging Leaders 2012 and 2013 to educate young Nigerian leaders on the nature of their involvement in their government and active citizenship.
- Awarded Best Student in Professional Ethics by the Nigerian Law School 2007 – 2008.